Friday, August 2, 2013

Top 5 to do

Back from a family-filled and relaxing vacation, and swamped with catching up on life now that I'm back home, I figured that an appropriate blog post world be about my TOP 5 on my to-do list. 

Though this changes practically daily, it gives me both immediate gratification of checking those things off my list, as well as slowing chipping away at the larger items by breaking them down into more manageable tasks.  I am a HUGE fan of checking items off of a list or erasing them off a white-board.  I am queen of the post-it notes (almost to the point of being an addict).  I think the one thing that's actually throwing 'my game' right now, is that I've had to change my systems for the last 2 weeks while being gone, and it's taking me a bit to get back into the routine.

Now, back to the list.  For example, today's TOP FIVE list consists of:

1) Wash vacation laundry (an all day task, made easier by the timer app on my phone that lets me know when both washer and dryer are done.  I am IN LOVE with this app!)

2) Pay/Record Bills (the mail was on hold until today, so this will be interesting once my mailman shows up!  Fortunately, I was able to manage both my direct deposit and schedule some bill payments while on the road via a banking app.  Love technology!)

3) Pack boys and myself for scout camp (no app for this.  However, it is broken into two phases:  kid packs; mom checks.  An all day event)

4) Make customer service calls for my home-business and catch-up on e-mails.

5) Visit my neighbor who just retired yesterday.  (ready for this since my first cup of coffee this morning, but SHE'S NOT HOME!!!)

When I'm feeling particularly sluggish or need a good pick-me up, I often make a top 10 list, but have very menial tasks or individual portions of a larger task.  This might seem mundane, but it really helps me feel accomplished during the day.  A sense of satisfaction and accomplishment can go a long way! 

Now, back to checking those things off my list!

- Stefani




No comments:

Post a Comment