Monday, July 21, 2014

Update: Accountability 101 - Christmas in July

Today's update is brought to you by Santa Claus!  It's Christmas in Mid-July, and I wanted to make sure I could be included on the NICE list, not by avoiding my projects and ending up on the NAUGHTY list...

What I notice is that I tend to avoid topics that are larger projects, especially when I don't have large chunks of time to tackle them.  However, I also notice I don't work well when I have long time and lots of little items.  Those TIME VAMPIRES seem to suck my time up.

However, with summer school in session, my time is a bit more limited so I expect that I can get more items checked off as the summer progresses.  Onward!  I need to earn more points to be in good standing with Santa!

Am I on track to get these tasks completed by September 1?  Of course, I always seem to add items to the lists as well.  That's part of my downfall. 

How many of these can I get finished by September 1?
Here's the status as of July 21st, now 4 weeks in, and I feel very accomplished.  Many of the sections came in chunks (like the Scouts checklist), and some have been put off (by Queen Procrastination).  However, I will say that I am getting some other items taken care of that are NOT on this list but should streamline my personal and business life significantly!  The summer is on the downhill slide, and the list is getting shorter!!!
  • Home
    • Organize Under Kitchen Sink
    • Organize Linen Closet
    • Paint Kitchen and Hallway
    • Organize Dining Room
    • Build Bedroom Wall
    • Build Attic Stairs/Entry
    • Build Bedroom Closet
    • Organize Basement Closet
    • Clean Basement Carpets
    • Organize My Closet
    • Closet Curtains
    • Help Kids organize rooms
    • Glassware into storage
  • Yard
    • Paint Bulkhead
    • Fire Pit (dig out, border, pit, rocks)
    • Screen House Office - replacement due to storm damage :(
    • Organic Veggie Garden
    • Side Shade Garden
    • Trellis (Pallets)
  • Personal Development
    • Schedule Doctor Appt
    • Life Insurance (pending)
    • Read 5 Fiction Books
      • Inferno
      • Divergent
      • Insurgent
      • Allegiant
      • Four
      • Pieces
    • Read 5 Non-Fiction Books (or Audiobooks)
      • Smart Money, Smart Kids
      • 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
      • Start
      • Book #4
      • Book #5
      • 30 day challenge
        • Abs (day 15)
        • Arms (day 15)
        • Thighs
        • Butt
        • Shoulder
        • Back
      • Budget
        • Annual Budget
        • Emergency Fund Baby Step 1   95% of the way there!!!
        • Sinking Fund +$2000
        • Debt Snowball +600/mo
    • Office
      • Organize File Cabinet
      • Organize Manuals
      • Shred Documents
      • Strong Box Break into Old and Purchase new
      • Create Legacy Box
      • Organize Bills
      • Tutoring Business Cards
      • Linkedin Account 
      • Eric's Office
      • Eric's Job!!!  
    • Upload
      •  TpT
        • Essential Questions Blue/Purple
        • Line of Best Fit Project
        • Rule of Four
        • DC POWs
    • Worcester (AxiD Corporation):
      • Furnace Cleaning (Scheduled August 8)
      • Sprinkler Inspection (June)
      • Alarm Inspection (scheduled August 8)
      • Washer Service (scheduled August 8)
      • Fire Extinguisher Inspection (June)
      • Spackle Walls
      • Hot Water Heater Moved (scheduled August 8)
      • Exhaust Installed (Scheduled August 8)
    • Canning:
      • Tomatillo Salsa
      • Red Salsa
      • Pickles
      • Spaghetti Sauce
      • Chili Sauce
    • Thirty-One:
      • CONFERENCE (end of July) THIS WEEK!!!
      • Year Analysis ($25K in PV)
      • Budget (Jan - June)
      • RSS
      • Set Goals
    • Family
      •  Jiminy Adventure Park Raincheck
      • Tubing (tenative) - CANCELLED July
      • Comic Con (July) - CANCELLED
      • Comic Con (August)
      • Jiminy Adventure Park - reschedule August or Fall 
    • Scouts:
      • July 3rd Firework Games (rescheduled to July 5th)
      • Boards of Review 
      • Star Review - A (At Camp)
      • Personal Fitness - A
      • Citizen of Nation - A
      • Metalwork - A (At Camp)
      • Climbing - A (At Camp)
      • Tenderfoot Review - C (At Camp)
      • Canoeing - C (At Camp)
      • Nantucket Trip (August)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment